GLASS AND GLAZING : WHAT IS DOUBLE GLAZING?
Glass and glazing have transformed from simply two panes of float glass in a frame with a steel spacer bar too high tech, state-of-the-art sealed units using the most up to date technologies. Gone are the days of steamed-up windows.
The reliability, security and energy efficiency of glass today is superb, and at Double Glazing Surrey that we only sell the best.
If you want to add leads, bars or stained glass designs you can, we would be delighted to quote you for a full range of glazing options that will make your house look more unique.
It’s not just the quality of the glass that makes your new double glazing energy efficient. By filling the gap between the glass with argon gas, we can significantly reduce heat loss.
Argon is a popular gas for thanks to its low cost and nonreactive properties. It works by reducing conduction and convection in the air space by being heavier than the air trying to move inside it.
We lose 26% of our domestic heat through our windows, so getting good ones can make all the difference to your annual heating bills.
A-rated windows can save you up to 28% on your heating bills if you’ve currently got traditional windows and frames. Just think what you could do with those savings!
There is now a regulation (BS 6206) in place requiring for the toughening of some glass. Conventional float glass breaks into razor-sharp shards when it smashes, which is very dangerous. Therefore, all windows that entirely or partially fall below 80 cm from the floor now have to have toughened glass.
This glass crumbles rather than shatters, leaving behind tiny pieces of glass that aren’t sharp at all. We will always make sure your double glazing is completely safe and compliant.
All of our windows come with Planitherm glass as standard. This glass is incredibly well priced, meaning that you can have A rated windows for a similar price to less efficient windows.
This is great news for you, especially since recent legislation says that all new windows and doors have to be energy rated.
If you’re going to buy a new double glazing, it’s best to get windows that will save you money in the long run.
- Free Solar Heat Gain. Planitherm’s unique coating will successfully capture free energy from natural light in order to help heat your home.
- Thermal Insulation. The special coating will reflect heat into your property, effectively heating your home, allowing you to reduce those monthly heating bills.
- High Energy Ratings. Planitherm is the most energy-efficient glass available. A-rated windows can be manufactured through their energy-efficient frames.
- Haze and Tint free windows. Unlike other double glazed windows, Planitherm maximises natural light which enters your home.
- Eliminates Condensation. Our Planitherm glass will significantly reduce draughts and cold spots.